For the first time since I was at middle school i’ve been nominated for an award.. actually not just one but TWO! I was nominated by the lovely Elizabeth over at Shopaholic on a Shoestring (PLEASE check out her blog, it’s excellent and one of my favourites). Thanks Elizabeth!
I don’t normally like doing memes and such, but I think it’ll be nice for any readers to learn about me. (How royally self indulgent of me!)
The rules are:
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves
- Answer the questions that the nominator set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve nominated to answer
- Choose 11 people and link them in your post
- Go to their page and tell them
- No tag backs!
- Every blogger nominated has been awarded this award.
- You must thank the blogger that nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Select 15 bloggers to nominate and post links to their blog.
- You must post 7 things about yourself
7/11 Things about me
|This is me|
- My last holiday was to New York and I flew there alone, I’m hoping to visit friends in West Virginia in the summer and I’ll be flying alone again. (Unless someone wants to come with me to Florida? haha)
- I have a crazy obsession with Disney… I just bought a Cinderella Loungefly Purse on ebay for £46…
- Growing up I was desperate for a cat, finally we have one and she’s the best! Her name is Peggy and she is our queen bee!
This is Pegu (think Pingu) wanting me to go to bed!
- I’m a natural cook. My mum has no idea where this ability came from as it’s clearly not inherited.
- I’m a food and wine snob.. I think it comes from years of working in catering and spending too much time in kitchens and serving food.
- I’m a Harry Potter nerd and PROUD. Two of my besties and I have tickets to Leaky Con next summer. We are so freaking excited!
- I am the clumsiest waitress you’ve ever met. It’s usually a joke wherever I work. I used to do dance (and not be too awful at it) but it seems as i’ve gotten older any grace and balance I’ve had seems to have vanished. It seems to make me tips though, I think customers pity me!
- I’m a natural blonde. I’ve dyed my hair for almost six years a reddy brown. Today an old man at work told me the colour of my hair (currently, apart from my roots obviously) is the colour of autumn.
First Year at Uni, I’m blonde, a bunny & only eighteen!
- My favourite alcoholic drink is Salior Jerry’s with diet pepsi and fresh lime.. I also like cocktails with Salior Jerry’s or a gin and tonic.
- I can’t drive. I wish I could, but I just never had time to learn and now I just don’t have the money.
- I’m a single mother. I have one daughter called Olivia, she is my whole world.
Questions from Elizabeth:
- What made you start blogging?
Since having my daughter I seem to have just become “Mama” and I felt I was losing my identity. I love being a mother but I still want to retain something of the old me, hence this blog.
- What blogs are you always stalking (name up to three)?
Claire @ French for Cupcake, Hayley @ Strangeness & Cute & Laura @ A Daisy Chain Dream
- Favourite clothing shop?
Urgh… toughy! I love H&M because it’s cheap, Topshop for basics and Urban Outfitters for key unusual items. However I tend to buy a lot of my clothes from ebay.
- Lots of cheaper clothes or one expensive item?
I’d love to say one expensive item.. but I’m more of a lot of cheaper because I get bored of clothes easy so it seems like a waste.
- Five things that make you happy?
– Cheesy as it is, my daughter
– Pay day!
– Good food
– Meeting up with my girls
– Finishing a really good book
- Favourite piece of clothing you own?
This changes quite often… at the minute I love my new winter coat, it’s THIS one from Dorothy Perkins. I also adore my faux leather skirt from H&M.
- Favourite thing to do on a rainy day?
Sleep! I seem to ALWAYS need to catch up on sleep. I also like to take a bath and read a book. When I had my own house I LOVED to cook and bake on a rainy day.
- Describe yourself in 5 words?
– Book Worm
– Quirky (but everyone uses that word these day)
- What advice would you give now to yourself when you started blogging?
I only started a few weeks back, so I don’t have any advice for myself.
- What is your favourite thing about Christmas?
Usually it’s about spending time with my family, eating, drinking and being merry. This year is my daughters first Christmas and it’s all about her!
Questions for my nominees:
- If you had to live on a desert island for one year, what three things would you have to take with you?
- What are you asking for this Christmas?
- If you could change your name to anything, what would it be? If you wouldn’t, why not?
- Skirts or Trousers?
- If you had to eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Who is your fashion icon?
- What is your earliest memory?
- What is your favourite book and why?
- If you could have any job, what would it be?
- What are you looking forward to in 2013?
- Finally, what are you most guilty for spending your pay cheque on?
My nominees – I’m nominating only five.. I think it’s more special that way!