Today it was my turn to cook dinner and since today is also the day I’ve started my diet/health kick I thought I’d attempt one of Jamie Oliver’s so called healthy recipes in his latest book 15 Minute Meals. Of course I never expected them to take 15 minutes, and since I was doing it my way I’d allow at least half an hour (but some of that is cooking time) but I can assure you the end result was delicious! Jamie Oliver being Jamie Oliver suggests serving it with a watermelon and radish salad with crunch noodles but there was many reasons I decide to forget this, the main reason is that I’m a mum and I need a recipe without too many complicated extras… and the fact I hate radish & can’t stand fruit and savory mixed. So instead I served it with a simple brown rice (the microwave kind of course).
- Sprinkle the greaseproof paper/tin foil with the five spice, salt & pepper. Add the chicken then toss it around to cover in the seasoning (I did this by rolling the ends and chicken in the grease proof paper and giving it a shake).
- Once seasoned, use the rolling pin and give it a bash to flatten it down. This reduces cooking time.
- Put it onto a baking tray then into a moderate pre-heated oven until the chicken is cooked through, it took about 15 minutes for me on gas mark 6.
- Spray the frying pan with fry light and place it on a high heat until sizzling then add the chicken.
- Drizzle the sweet chili sauce over the chicken and continue to cook until it’s started to blacken. By this point the sweet chili will have caramelised and become sticky.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds & serve with brown rice.