So, tomorrow is my first weigh in after dieting for a week. I have no idea what i’ll have lost since my dad insisted on a massive Indian take-away at the weekend, however my mum and sister have insisted all week i’ve lost weight but to be perfectly honest I think they’re bored already of my intense calorie counting and weight watching. In my view, if you’re going to do it, do it right not half arsed. Tonight it was my turn to cook again because my mum was out with my sister, I decided to do a variation of something else I saw in Jamie’s 15 Minute Meals, but this time it only inspired my dish because I changed some much that it became something completely new. It was delicious anyhow, apart from the noodles. I do not rate Amoy Straight to Wok noddles, they’re far too stodgy! Going to use the good old dry ones next time. Anyway, here is the recipe as it was pretty tasty and the fat & calorie content wasn’t at all high.
- Chop the spring onions & then the sprouting broccoli (I prefer a lot of the stem cut off and mainly just the heads but if you like the stem, add them in!)
- Put the wok on a high heat & dry fry the sesame seeds. Once they have started to brown put them aside in a bowl.
- Lightly coat the wok in oil and add the prawns followed by the two cloves of garlic. Give them a stir then add the chili flakes, coriander & ginger. Toss the prawns to coat then turn the heat down.
- Next in the jug miss the soy sauce, lime juice & hoi sin sauce.
- Add the broccoli, spring onions and bean sprouts to the wok then turn the heat up.
- Follow the instructions for the noodles. Microwave or boil as necessary.
- Stir in the contents of the jug to the wok making sure nothing sticks to the bottom and everything is coated.
- Finally add the noodles, give it a good stir while still on the heat before serving in a bowl.