Anyway, these are the rules she has passed along to me (and i’m passing onto my nominees!)
- List 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions which are given to you by your nominator
- Ask 11 new questions for all the bloggers that you nominate to with the award
- Nominate 9 bloggers with less than 200 followers to win the award
- Go to each of the blogger’s pages to let them know about their nomination
Here we go.. 11 random facts
- Before discovering the world of blogging, I have always had a Livejournal on the go. I go through phases of updating it and I have had a few different usernames. My best discovery on there was a community called ThriftstoreUK. It’s dead these days but I have met some amazing ladies on there and have followed their lives for years over different social media networks that nowadays I count them among my friends.
- For the first time in five years I have a penpal, her name is Naomi & you should check out her blog over here.
- I spend at least an hour a day playing on The Sims 3, this is usually during my daughters nap time or in the evening if she doesn’t want to take a nap.
- I wore berets, leg warmers, over sized jumpers and playsuits before they became a fashion statement. My friends can vouch for this. I don’t follow the crowd in fashion, I wear what I like even after the trend is long over.
- Since my break up I have suffered really bad anxiety problems. I’m working on these problems by putting myself out there, having a blog has really helped this.
- Sometimes the best part of my day is taking a bath and reading my book. Since having my daughter I have really struggled to find time to read (or brain power) apart from when I’m in the bath.
- For the first time in my life I truly love my wardrobe! I struggle to even shop these days I love everything in it and I try to only buy pieces I know I will wear loads.
- Until last January I never drank tea now I love the stuff! When I was in hospital after having my little one they only offered me tea, coffee or water, since it was January and there was snow on the ground I accepted some milky, sweet tea to keep my energy levels up.. since then I have never looked back. Tea, three sugars, please.
- I am saving up to get my first tattoo this year.
- I only have one friend in my hometown. I either have to spend time with my sisters friends or travel to socialise. It’s tragic.
- Despite the hell my ex put me through.. I’m still looking for my happy ending.
|Bored yet? Here have a photo of me with my mum in a shell suit. Love you mum haha|
My questions from Margaret
- Why did you start blogging? – I started blogging because I needed a creative outlet. After my split my self confidence was at zero.. I tried losing weight, shopping etc to make myself feel better. So far blogging IS helping, I’ve met some lovely people and had some very supportive & complimentary comments. I also needed somewhere to just be ‘Amy’ instead of ‘Mama’
- If you could live in any era, which would you choose and why? – Twenties. I have always been so fascinated by that era, especially in Paris while Hemmingway, Fitzgerald were at large.
- What is the most exciting thing you’ve done/greatest achievement? Having my daughter, hands down. Nothing has even come close.
- If you could only ever eat one for the rest of your life, which: chocolate or crisps? (ooh!) – Crisps. I love chocolate but I feel sick after a while. Crisps don’t give me that sickly feeling.
- What’s your favourite film/most treasured DVD? – Oh god, hard one! Closer probably.
- Do you think white marshmallows and pink marshmallows taste different? (I plan to use your answers to settle a debate with my friend…) – YES! It’s like coloured sweets. But I don’t like marshmallows much.
- What is your favourite high street shop and why? I used to love Urban Outfitters but it’s become so mainstream now. Probably H&M because of it’s good value for money.
- If you were a cartoon/film character, who would you be AND WHY!? Oh another toughy! Probably Rapunzel from Tangled! I always wanted to be Disney Princess.
- Favourite pair of shoes? (bonus points for a photo so we can all have a peek…) This changes all the time, my current favourites are my Mel Wellies, they have been AMAZING in this weather and were only £15 from Office (I used a voucher I won on Twitter to get them).
- What did you want to be when you were little? – taller doesn’t count A Princess. I’m not even lying. But realistically, I wanted to be on TV (aka an actress)
- Morning person or night owl? Night owl.. all the way.
|Thank you, if you’re still reading! This is me in Hoboken, NJ with Manhattan behind me|
- Bel at Journeys are my Diary – Up & coming real life blog, real honest entries with bags of personality.
- Rhiannon at The Sparkly Panda – If you like my recipes, you’ll LOVE hers. Another great life blogger.
- Kate at Just Pirouette and Carry on – Another wonderful real life blogger, again filled with personality and honesty.
- Laura at What Laura Did – Beauty & Life blogger, her real life posts are incredible.
- Kirsty at Indigo Buttons – Lovely Edinburgh based lifestyle blogger, deserves a lot more followers as her blog is great!
- Jodie at Future Freaks Me – Another great lifestyle blog, her wishlists are wonderful and her entries are well put together.
- Kirsty at Miss Kirsty’s Blog – Long time net friend (well we’ve stalked each other via various mediums for months), funky as life blog, full of life & personality!
- Ness at Butterfly Kites – New beauty & fashion blog, she has brilliant reviews.
- Sam at XOXO, Sam – Another brilliant life blogger, she is also a fellow owl lover!
And here are your questions (if you chose to accept this award, of course!)
- What new years resolutions did you make? (if any, if not, why?)
- If you won the lottery what would be the first thing you’d buy?
- If someone asked for a book recommendation, what would you give them?
- What is the one place you really HAVE to visit before you die?
- If you had one piece of advice for your 16 year old self, what would it be?
- What TV show that no longer airs do you miss most?
- What one hobby do you wish you’d pursued?
- If you could time travel to what age, what one would you go to and why?
- What is the thing you most find attractive about the opposite sex? (or same, I’m pro equal rights)
- Who/what is your blogger inspiration?
- And finally… coffee or tea?
If you have made it to here, congratulations! I hope you’ve all been slightly more enlightened about the girl behind Cocktails in Teacups and I REALLY hope you’ll check out the ladies I’ve nominated. They are such good reads.
Tomorrow is my daughter’s first birthday! So I’ll leave you all with a photo of the cake I baked her, it’s a three layer pink strawberry cake. I think everyone enjoyed it (well that’s what they told me haha!) Good night & hope you all have enjoyable Monday.
|Sneak preview, I have a life entry coming soon!|