I’m so tired at the moment! My mum has been ill with stress for a few days so I haven’t had any time to catch up on the sleep as Little Miss has taken all her naps in our room instead of my mum’s; meaning I haven’t been able to go back for a nap. I know an extra hour doesn’t seem like much to anyone but when your baby is up a few times a night because she is teething, an hour is a like a celestial gift! Today I don’t even think I pulled a brush through my hair! Such is the life of a mother.
Due to my terrible tiredness, I have a simple blog post to share tonight, another recipe. This is one of my favourites for a fast, easy lunch. It’s inspired by the Toastadas
served at the Slug & Lettuce (I worked in one for a while) along with the Leggera
pizzas served at Pizza Express. It’s another nice change from sandwiches (something I’m not a huge fan of) and is great for using up fridge left overs. I give you the Tortilla Pizza
. The ingredients i’m listing below are for one pizza, of course you simply multiply them for however many people you’re serving but I usually make this for myself, on a day my mum has lunch at school. This usually means I only have myself to feed.
Two wholemeal tortillas
Tomato Puree (a few squirts will do)
1/4 Mozzarella Ball
4 Button Mushrooms
1 Slice of Chicken
1 Slice of Parma Ham
2 Tsp Oregano
Handful of Rocket
Salt & Pepper to season
What You Need
Grease Proof Paper. Baking Tray, Knife, Chopping Board, Teaspoon
- Preheat the oven and line the baking tray with grease proof paper (tortillas are notorious for sticking.)
- Place one tortilla on the baking tray, spread it with tomato puree and sprinkle on some oregano. Top with a second tortilla and again cover with tomato puree and oregano. This form a strong base so if there are any juices from veg/meat it won’t break apart.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms, chicken and ham. Put on top of the tortilla base.
- Tear up the mozzerella and add to the tortilla. Scatter evenly around so when it melts it covers most of the base.
- Season before putting into the over until the edges have crisped up and the cheese has melted.
- Serve with a handful of rocket on top.
Simple. You can basically top with whatever you have lying in the fridge but this is my all time favourite. My mum quite likes when I make it with mushrooms, ham and smoked cheese and my sister prefers it with four different cheeses after we’ve had a cheese and wine night. So the topping is really up to you.
Let me know if you give it a go! It’s actually so much quicker to make than it looks, I usually feed my daughter while it’s in the oven which means it’s actually a much easier dish for me as a busy mum than even just making a sandwich or trying to eat soup!