This is the first of three posts about the Nottingham Blogger Meet that I attended on Saturday 13th April. I’m going to do a second one for my shopping haul (weeks of saving paid off!) and one for the Kiehls visit. It was a fantastic experience, my first ever blogger meet (although since blogging I have met quite a few bloggers through events and through chatting on twitter) so much fun! I feel incredibly lucky that I heard about it and managed to go along because I was in the area. My shoulders and feet still hurt from all the shopping, not to mention how tired I am despite the 10pm bedtime last night! Totally worth it though.
For me the day started at 7am and I didn’t properly relax until I had bumped into Rhiannon of The Sparkly Panda outside Starbucks at 9am. With coffee in hand we headed to the station to catch a train to Nottingham. We chatted on the train, it was really relaxed and I felt ready to meet Amiiee of It’s Amiieeism & Megan of Cupcakes and Converse. After a bit of maneuvering we found each other and made our way to the meeting place for 11am. As Amiiee was one of our amazing organisers I gave her a hand to get everyone’s “Hello My Name Is…” sticker out, which required finding names on a huge roll of stickers or offering my back for her to write new ones. I’m just that kind!
Lots of other bloggers soon started to arrive and I was excited to FINALLY meet some of my favs including the other amazing organisers Sophia of Tattooed Tealady, Sophie of Candy Cane Heart & of course Jessie of The Bode Boutique. I’d been so excited to meet Jessie from our chats on twitter! I also met Katy of Sirens & Bells after years of Insta-Creeping (she is fantastic, within five minutes of meeting she had said “penis”), Meg from Made in a Cup & Gemma from Button’s Blog. Once everyone had arrived Sophia took the first group off to Kiehls and the rest of us got to shop.
I mainly shopped with Rhiannon as we were wanting to go to the same places and we’d both saved up money to splurge. While group one was having their skincare experience we went to River Island and H&M. Then while group two was away we went to Cath Kidston, L’Occitane, The Body Shop, Whittards of Chelsea, MAC and finally grabbed a sandwich in Pret. I knew that I was in the next group and I’d heard talk of bubbly, since I hadn’t eaten anything yet that day and it was now after 1pm I figured I should eat something before having a drink. Even one glass goes straight to my head on an empty stomach these days! The Kiehls visit was great but I’m doing a separate post on that.
After finishing our Kiehls consultation, Rhiannon & I hit some more shops including Primark, which was terrifying on a Saturday, Space NK, Lush, Boots, The Disney Shop, Game & Topshop. I was exhausted so while our fantastic organisers were off to TGI Friday’s to set up we headed to Muffin Break for a coffee before meeting up with the evening meal group. We all congregated by the beautiful mechanical clock in the Victoria centre. I met the lovely Sarah of Beeauty Geek and we chatted for a while before we all made our way to TGI’s.
My first reaction of arriving at TGI’s was “Oh My God!” We’d all heard loads about the amazing goody bags Sophia had been putting together but I don’t think any of us expected quite so much! It took everyone a good ten minutes to get themselves seated around all the shopping at the the TWO goody bags! I was super excited to be sat opposite Jessie so we could have a good chat, as well as beside Rhiannon. I was also sat near Clair of Bags, Bows & Boots (I’m still laughing about the typo on your place card lovely!) & Natalie of The Floral Republic and on my other side Ally of What’s Alexandra Wearing. All lovely girls and despite being starving we all made good conversation. Our first drinks were 50% so I had a Blueberry Moijito obvs. For my food I had the JD Ribs & Shrimp.. I didn’t even take a photo as I practically inhaled it! Throughout the meal there were also some amazing giveaways too. Some girls started to leave for 7pm, Rhiannon & I were two of them as we had a 7:30 train to catch. We took the tram to the station and didn’t have to wait long for a train. It was so quiet we managed to get a table so we could go through out goody bags on the way back to Lincoln.
|Name Sticker // Helping Amiiee hand out stickers (credit to Ally) // Coffee Break
Myself & the AWESOME Jessie (credit to Jessie) // Group 3 @ Kiehls (credit to Sophia) // Placecard
Goody Bag Label // Goody Bag Contents // Blueberry Moijito
It was a brilliant experience, everyone I met and spoke to were so lovely. It was much more relaxed than I thought so now I have no idea why I felt so nervous. Sophia was FANTASTIC! The perfect host throughout today, she thoroughly deserved the Chanel lipstick we all chipped in to buy.
Now.. onto the amazing goody bag. I’m under the impression that everyone received different bags, well I know for a fact Rhiannon had different products to me. Sophia wrote an awesomely detailed press pack so I have been able to identify all the items in mine and I cannot wait to make a start on using them! Anyway, here is what I got in mine (I’m not marking all individually with an * but these were all gifted to me, I will mark when doing reviews).
- She Said Beauty goody bag, mine contained eyelash curlers, some samples, soaps & some beauty oil
- Make Believe Enhance Sunbeam Bronzer & Brush
- Balance Me Pure Skin Face Wash
- Sunkissed Bronzing Glimmer Compact
- Sranrom Urban Wellness Feel Good Room & Body Mist
- Skinetica Anti-Belmish
- Lulu & Boo Cleansing Balm Sample & Rosehip Lifting Serum Sample
- Macadamia Oil Deep Repair Mask Sample & Healing Oil Treatment Sample
- Omorovicza Radiance Renewal Serum Sample & Illuminating Moisturiser Sample
- Premae Skincare Radiance Boost Tonique
- Abahna Lilac Rose & Geranium Hand Cream
- REN Glycolactic Radience Renewal Face Mask Sample
- Organic Surge Comforting Lavender Meadow Hand & Nail Cream
- The Body Shop Love Gloss Lipgloss in Natural
- Neal and Wolf Glow Super Shine Spray Full Size & Ritual Daily Shampoo and Conditioner
- Indeed Labs Nanoblur
- Good Things Dirty Works Total Wipe Out Cleansing Wipes
- Dirty Works Supreme Cream Body Butter Sample
- Xen-Tan Luminous Gold Gel Sample
- Headline Colours Nail Varnish in Poolside
- Glamglow Super-Mud Clearing Treatment Sample
- Mandara Spa Amber Heaven Exfoliating Sugar Scrub
- Denman D7 Compact Brush
- W7 Lashtastic False Liquid Lashes Mascara Black
- Smooch Lipstick in Inferno
- The Vintage Cosmetic Company Eyelash Curlers
- Lee Stafford Blow Dry Faster Spray
- Witch Skincare Blemish Stick
- Sigma Mini Trio Eyeshadow Pallet, E25 Blending Brush, E05 Eyeliner Brush
- Q Fine Fragrance Body Spray Balance
- Kiehls BB Cream
- So…? For Me Fragrance
- Benefit The Porefessional
- Dr Organic Single Use Samples
- Lush Emotional Brilliance Eyeliner in Quietly Motivated
- Amie Skincare New Leaf Exfoliating Polish
- Bodhi Neroli Luce Revitalising Face Oil
- Cosmetics by Candy Sally Hansen Emery Boards & Rimmel Mascara Glam Eyes
- Ginvera Green Tea Nude Cover BB Cream
- Apivita Lip Care with Chamomile & Suncare Tinted Face Cream
- Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Starter Kit, Instant Boost Skin Tonic & Brightening Treatment Mask
Hope you’re all ready for some reviews.. because they’re coming your way!