I wasn’t actually going to blog tonight, or tomorrow for that matter because I have my two fav girls from university coming to stay to celebrate my birthday (part one of it anyway). They’re still half an hour away so I thought I’d quickly share this recipe with you.
The reason this recipe is gluten free is because I took part in a gluten free week, following a diet put together by Ilumi to help boost energy and clear up my skin. However, there were no desserts in it, and I need my desserts so after a bit of browsing through my cookbooks I came across a Nigella recipe for flourless brownies. I adapted it to what I had in the cupboard and came up with these. They were so blooming good and a great snack between meals when I bored myself to death with fruit and veg.
Look out for a post next week about how I got on with Ilumi’s Go Gluten and Junk Free and Feel the Difference Diet. A diet for once not about loosing weight, that’s what I’m talking about!
But for now, here is the brownie recipe (not exactly cutting the junk but it at least kept my sugar cravings at bay!)
225g Dark Chocolate
150g Vanilla Sugar (available at Sainsburys & Morrisons)
3 Eggs, Beaten
What You Need
Pan, Wooden Spoon, Scales, Square Baking Tray, Grease Proof Paper, Measuring Jug/Bowl, Whisk, Cooling Rack
- Pre-heat the oven to 170c/Gas Mark 3.
- In the pan melt the dark chocolate and the butter together on a low heat. I recommend continuously stirring so it doesn’t burn.
- Once melted, remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool a little before beating in the eggs.
- Pour into the lined baking tray. Don’t worry about smoothing the top out as it makes for better brownies.
- Bake for 40 minutes. When you take them out the oven they will still be quite wet, but that’s how they’re supposed to be.
- Once cool cut into 16 squares (8 by 8)
The first one I had I ate smothered in cream as a dessert straight from the oven but after that I just ate them as snacks when I felt my sugar levels getting a bit low. As you can see, they’re so simple to make and they are so tasty too!
Let me know if you give them a try!