Today is my best friend Bee of Journeys are my Diary‘s birthday. Happy Birthday Bee! Love you! As I knew I was away for her birthday I saves this tag to put up in honour of her and her love of Musical Theatre. You can read all about it on her other blog, Twice the Mum. I first saw it on Clare’s blog, A Bit of This and That and I decided it was right up my street. I’m a total sucker for musical theatre, aside from Shakespeare it’s my favourite kind of theatre and this year I’m aiming to see four shows, The Lion King is a definite in September, Wicked is on tour too so I’d like to see that, then Aladdin and If/Then while i’m in NYC. Fingers crossed I save enough to see both!
2. What was your favourite musical growing up?
3. Were you ever in a musical?
4. What was the first musical you saw on Broadway?
5. If you could be any female character in any musical who would you be and why?
Cathy in The Last Five Years. Because I totally identify with her. Plus I bloody love that musical (and hellooo Anna Kendrick is playing her in the movie adaptation)
Mark in Rent. Totally Mark in Rent.
7. Favourite musical song to sing in the shower?
In the shower? Take It All from Nine. Definitely a nakie kinda song!
8. Who is your favourite theatre actress?
Idina Menzel, hands down. She is flawless. I get so pissed when people refer to her as “Rachel Berry’s mum in Glee” URGHH she’s so much more!
Norbert Leo Butz. Original Fiyero from Wicked and Jamie from The Last Five Years.
10. Favorite film adaptation of a musical?
I love Nine. It’s actually one of my favourite films.
11. What do you think is most underrated musical?
Avenue Q! I don’t think it was ever as big over here as it was in the US and I don’t know WHY! I think it’s bloody hilarious and so clever.
12. Overrated musical?
Grease. I saw it and it sucked.
13. What musical made you cry?
Every single musical I have ever seen has made me cry. No lie. I just find them so awesome and the voices are mind blowing.
14. What musical made you laugh?
Avenue Q, but I definitely think most musicals have their comedic points.
15. Are there any musicals you saw and hated?
Grease. It was really bad.
16. What musical do you want to see as a film?
Definitely Wicked, but Idina Menzel would HAVE TO BE ELPHABA!
17. Which musicals are you dying to see?
If/Then, Aladdin and Matilda
18. Any movie or book you think should be turned into a musical?
MOULIN ROUGE! Seriously, why isn’t thins a musical? It would be the most bloody amazing musical ever!
19. What is your all time favourite musical?
Wicked. I have loved it since before it was even released over here and I know all the words to all the songs. Really am going to try and see it again this year.