In case you didn’t know, The Great Blogger Bake Off is the brain child of Laura & Shannon. The idea is simple and anyone can join in whenever they want. But we all take the weekly theme of The Great Blogger Bake Off and bake something to share the recipe of. There is a Facebook group & we also use the tag #TheGreatBloggerBakeOff on Twitter! Remember, it’s not competitive and there are no winners.
This week as I mentioned above, it’s biscuits. And after some research I thought I’d do my own take on some Chewy Flourless Rocky Road Cookies. They are so easy to make and taste so damn good (especially the left over mini marshmallows!) This recipe makes 12 and you definitely need a glass of milk to wash them down!
80g Cocoa Powder
1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
1 Packet of Milk Chocolate Chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c/gas mark 4 and line two baking trays.
- In a bowl sieve the icing sugar and the cocoa powder. Mix slowly (otherwise you’ll suffocate in a dust cloud!)
- Slowly add the eggs one at a time and continue to mix together slowly. Then add the milk and vanilla extract. Increase the speed of the hand whisk until it is smooth.
- Add the chocolate chips and raisins before spooning the mixture onto the baking trays.
- Top with 5 mini marshmallows.
- Pop the trays into the freezer for 5 minutes before putting in the oven. This stops the cookies from spreading.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely.
- While cooling, melt some white chocolate over a pan of boiling water.
- Drizzle the white chocolate over the cookies and leave to set before eating.
These definitely once again have that rustic look about them.. perhaps that can be my “thing” as when it comes to cooking and bacon, I definitely don’t have the artistic flair, but my mother and grandmother seemed to like them and there were very few left by lunch time. That’s got to mean something, right?