Since your makeup has to come off sooner or later, it should not be used not be used as a coverup for unhealthy skin. Instead, if you do use makeup, you should think of it as a way to enhance the natural beauty of your radiant skin.
If your skin is not as healthy as you would like, then here are five simple steps to remedy it:
Step # 1: Identify You Skin Type
Know your skin type to determine the most appropriate steps to take to restore the health of your skin–because each different skin type requires a slightly different skincare routine.
Here are the major skin types:
- Normal skin rarely has breakouts because this skin type is not oily and pores are small. Skin tone is even.
- Sensitive skin reacts to changes in weather or to chemicals. This skin type can quickly become dry and itchy.
- Dry skin can become either rough or flaky when the air is dry or the temperature drops.
- Combination skin can be dry or oily in different parts of the face.
- Easily blemished skin is vulnerable to pimples, whiteheads, and blackheads.
- Oily skin can become shiny only an hour after washing your face. Greasy skin makes it difficult to wear makeup.
Step # 2: Wash Your Face Twice Daily
Wash your face only twice a day, usually once in the morning and the last thing at night. You should not wash it less often or more often. If you wash it less often, you will not clear away all the oil, bacteria, and dirt that settles on it. If you wash it more often, it gets too dry and can become red, itchy, and irritable.
Step # 3: Use a Toner
Although toning is not absolutely necessary,it certainly offers the skin some major benefits.
Here is a short list of at least three good reasons why you should consider using a toner:
- A toner removes any remaining dead skin cells, dirt, or makeup after washing your face. Your face will be squeaky clean after using toner
- A toner removes any acidity, restoring your skin to its ideal PH levels.
- A toner leaves the skin slightly damp. If you need to apply any skincare treatment to heal your skin now is the ideal time, as your skin will be able to readily absorb oils, lotions, or serums. The Amoils.com natural healing oils are available for acne, age spots, wrinkles or warts.
Step # 4: Apply a Moisturizer
Moisturizers work with all skin types. However, it’s very important to only use a moisturizer for your skin type. Using the wrong moisturizer for your skin type will not give you the desired results. For instance, if you have normal skin, your moisturizer should be water-based because anything else might interfere with your skin’s PH balance.
It is important not to skip moisturizing your skin, and here are four good reasons why you should use a moisturizer:
- A moisturizer holds water in the epidermis skin layer.
- A moisturizer protects your skin.
- A moisturizer improves skin tone.
- A moisturizer enhances skin texture.
Step # 5: Exfoliate At Least Once A Week
Exfoliation should be done on a regular weekly schedule. It is a process that sloughs off all dead, dry skin. After gently scrubbing your skin, it skin will look soft, fresh, and smooth. It will glow with natural health. How often should you exfoliate? This depends on your skin type. However, do it at least once a week.
Exfoliation is one of the least understood aspects of skincare. Many women just assume that a good exfoliation treatment requires some hard scrubbing. However, since dead skin cells actually come off quite easily, this is entirely unnecessary. In fact, a little too much enthusiasm can damages the skin because it causes microscopic tears.
You can heal and restore your skin by identifying your natural skin type. This will help you choose the using the most appropriate products and the most beneficial skincare routine for your skin type. Next, wash your face only twice a day, use a toner to get your face squeaky clean, and apply a moisturizer. Finally, be sure to exfoliate regularly. You should do it at least once a week, although you may want to do it more often depending on your skin type.
This is collaborative guest post with Michelle Peterman