So.. due to having a dreadful 2013 so far (it honestly gets worse every week) I have basically shopped and shopped until I have started to feel better.. and then I shopped some more. However my savings are now dwindling and with a new home on the horizon, I thought it was best that I started to get some money back in the bank. Therefore from today, I will be on a spending ban for the next month!
I honestly wish I could just cut down my spending but i’m either an all or nothing kinda girl. It would be nice if I could just buy one thing a week but I have no restraint. I am nervous, very nervous.. I have never done anything like this before. If I see something I like and I have the money in my bank, I buy it. But not anymore! I really want to prove to myself that I can do this, I work well with goals and for me, going on a spending ban is a big goal. The ban is stretching from March 11th to April 11th.
- Toiletries for myself and Little Miss must be included within the weekly shop. Basics only! For myself this includes face wipes (I have enough scrubs, moisturiser & shampoo), toothpaste & nail varnish remover that I may need over the next month. For Little Miss this includes nappies, wipes, bubble bath, shampoo and lotion.
- The ban does not include nursery fees or any other costs to do with Little Miss, however she needs no more clothes or toys for the foreseeable future.
- The ban does not include gifts for others (my dads birthday falls within the ban and obviously I have to get him a gift).
- £20 a week needs to be put aside for the #NottsBBmeet as I plan on doing some shopping then (it’s after the ban, luckily).
- All extra money at the end of each week needs to be put into the savings account.
- Any Easter/Birthday gifts of money/vouchers must be saved to be spent after the ban is over.
I have a list of up coming posts that is as long as my arm so I’m not short of content for the next month. I have loads of products to review, a wardrobe of clothes, plenty of recipes, some events in my diary so I will be blogging as much as ever. Just no shopping.